J-Nuts or J-Type Nuts are self-retaining fasteners that provide simple, rapid attachment of mating panels. They can be easily pressed over panel edges. J-Nuts can also be inserted into rectangular holes in center-panel locations. Constant alignment is maintained by an extrusion in the J-Nut retaining leg which snaps into the clearance hole. Self-retaining J-Nuts have a solid grip which reduces vibration.
Installing J-Nuts does not require special tools or skills because they easily snap into place anywhere on the assembly line. No welding, staking or riveting are required because they simple slide into place and “float” until the screw or bolt is installed. J-Nuts are easy to remove and replace, and can be re-used without loss of spring resiliency or holding powers.
- Eliminates welding and clinching costs
- Correct misaligned panel mounting holes
- Serviceable – parts disassemble easily
- Easy to assemble, no special tools required
- Rust and erosion proof
- Can be applied after painting or porcelainizing
- Eliminates need for masking or retapping clogged threads
- Universal – can be used wherever a screw or bolt is used
Applications for J-Nuts:
- Blind assemblies or hard-to-reach installations
- Electronic equipment enclosures
- Lawn and Garden
ARaymond/Tinnerman is a global supplier of fastening solutions. Advance Components has been an authorized master distributor of Tinnerman products since 1972. ARaymond/Tinnerman has a large portfolio of products including stamped metal fasteners, plastic fasteners, and molded wire and cable management systems. Advance Components carries a large inventory of ARaymond/Tinnerman products for our customer’s needs. We offer low minimums, in-stock solutions and on-time delivery on all Tinnerman products. Available to purchase online, or contact the Advance sales team for applications support, quotes and samples.